ITIL 4 Strategist: Direct, Plan and Improve
Certificate: ITIL 4 Strategist: Direct, Plan and Improve
Duration: 3 days
Delivery: Onsite or virtual – live, instructor led
The ITIL® 4 Strategist: Direct, Plan, and Improve course is based on the ITIL® 4 Strategist Direct, Plan, and Improve candidate syllabus from AXELOS. The course provides the practical skills necessary to create a “learning and improving” IT organization, with a strong and effective strategic direction. With the help of ITIL® 4 concepts and terminology, activities, exercises, and examples included in the course, you will acquire relevant knowledge to not only transform your organization into a proactive “learning” organization, but also pass the ITIL® Strategist: Direct, Plan, and Improve certification exam.
Designed to provide practitioners with a practical and strategic method for planning and delivering continual improvement with necessary agility, this course is aimed at managers of all levels involved in shaping direction and strategy or developing a continually improving team. It will cover both practical and strategic elements. It is a universal module that is a key component of both ITIL® 4 Managing Professional and ITIL® 4 Strategic Leader streams.
The ITIL® 4 Strategist: Direct, Plan and Improve course fundamentally targets the participants in the IT and business domains who wish to take first steps in service management or who are familiar with earlier versions of ITIL and/or other sources of industry best practice and wish to learn about ITIL® 4. This course and the related certification can be beneficial for the following roles:
- IT Support Staff
- IT Consultants
- Business Managers
- Business Process Owners
- IT Developers
- Service Providers
- System Integrators
- Anyone working in a Devops team
At the end of this course, participants will be able to understand and know:
- The key concepts of direction, planning, improvement.
- The scope of what is to be directed and/or planned, and know how to use key principles and methods of direction and planning in that context.
- The role of GRC and know how to integrate the principles and methods into the service value system.
- How to use the key principles and methods of continual improvement for all types of improvements.
- How to use the key principles and methods of Communication and Organizational Change Management to direction, planning and improvement.
- How to use the key principles and methods of measurement and reporting in direction, planning, and improvement.
- How to direct, plan, and improve value streams and practices.
In order to take the ITIL® 4 Direct, Plan and Improve course, a candidate must have passed the ITIL® 4 Foundation examination. In addition, the candidate must have attended an accredited training course for this module.
The ITIL® 4 Specialist: Direct, Plan and Improve course includes the following course components for Participants
- Course Book (eBook, can be printed)
- Pre-course Reading
- Post-course Reading
- Practice Questions
- Quick Reference Sheets
- Helpful handouts
High Level Course Agenda:
|Day 1||Day 2||Day 3|
|Module 1 – Course Introduction and Quick Recap Pre-Course Reading||Module 7 – Assessment and Planning through VSM||Module 11 – Communication Principles and Methods|
|Module 2 – Core Concepts of DPI||Module 8 – Measurement, Reporting, and CI||Module 12 – SVS Development Using the Four Dimensions|
|Module 3 – DPI through Service Value System and Guiding Principles||Module 9 -Measurement and CI through Dimensions and SVS||Mock Exam|
|Module 4 – Role of Direction in Strategy Management||Module 10 – OCM Principle and Methods||Final Exam (Optional)|
|Module 5 – Implementation of Strategies|
|Module 6 – Introduction to Assessment and Planning|
For live onsite courses, the exam is given at the end of the class (either paper or computer based, as arranged). For live online virtual classes, students will purchase a voucher for the exam, and arrange a mutually agreeable time after the class to have the exam taken online with a web proctor assigned by PeopleCert.
- Closed book, multiple choice examination
- 40 questions – Bloom
- Bloom’s levels 2 and 3
- 90 minutes to complete
- 70% required to pass (28 correct out of 40)
For taking the ITIL® 4 Specialist: Direct, Plan and Improve exam, a candidate must have passed the ITIL® 4 Foundation examination. In addition, the candidate must have attended an accredited training course for this module.
Course Delivery Requirements
- For online virtual delivery, the student must have a suitably equipped laptop, or PC, with a web cam, audio support, and a high-speed internet connection
- For onsite courses, acceptable facilities must be made available
Pricing and Ordering Information:
- Product Code: ITIL 8083
- Pricing is on a quote basis, based per number of students, with a preferred class size of 10 – 15 (larger classes require a special quote)
- To request more information on pricing or to order, contact us by calling 1-949-305-3544. Or, you mail email us to request a quote at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved. The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved. The ITIL Accredited Training Organization logo is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.